got something to post? email us: blog@diabeteshappens.com

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HEALTH CARE COVEAGE & DIABETES


News on universal health care coverage at this link.

Everything is still up in the air on this one, but for us diabetics it could be some good news. Insurance companies are considering backing universal health care coverage - which means they would not deny coverage to anyone with a pre-existing condition (read diabetes, cancer, etc.).

I just recently received a notice from my new insurance company that I need to provide information on my previous coverage in order to receive my benefits package. Under the new proposal I wouldn't have to. The insurance company would have to help me out.

The stipulation to this is that every person in America would have to sign up for some health coverage. Read the article and let us know what you think.

No comments: